At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
Location:850 76th Street S.W. - Byron Center, Michigan 49315
- Experience with development and implementation, including web and responsive mobile, user interface / user experience (UI/UX) design, and related technologies
- Knowledge of Linux server environment as it relates to web applications
- Knowledgeable in industry best practices
- Integrate front-end interfaces with APIs and work with other engineers to seamlessly integrate the front-end and back-end.
- Partner with designers to translate hi-fidelity designs and/or wireframes into React.js components, templates and pages.
- Learn and adopt new technologies and skillsets as needed, disseminating knowledge and best practices to the rest of the team.
- Remain current with the latest trends in mobile and web development practices, as well as how they can contribute to the team's overall success.
- Employ solid coding practices, including peer code reviews, documentation, maintaining code-base integrity and testing.
- Be an engaged part of an experienced, growing agile team, with a focus on continued improvement.
- Experience developing enterprise class solutions
Here's what you'll need:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Must work well in a focused team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced CSS skills and experience with a CSS pre-processor (e.g., SCSS or LESS)
- Produce detailed specifications and documentation
- Working knowledge of relational databases and version control tools such as git, gitflow, and bitbucket
- Demonstrable knowledge in best design and coding practices
- A strong desire to develop new bold ideas using current web technologies and trends
- Able to collaborate effectively with design, and software development teams.
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and independently.
- Understanding of the web development process, including design, development and deployment.
- Experience with UX and responsive/adaptive designs across various devices and screen sizes
- Write fast and efficient code to a high standard
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.