Bonus - We are extending a cash bonus of $100 to split between you and a referred friend or relative! When your referral completes 40 hours of work with Forge, you’ll both receive a bonus of $50 each.
Forge Industrial Staffing is currently seeking to fill multiple Robotic Weld-Operator positions with our client located in Walker. Our client is a leading tier-1 automotive manufacturer of modular assemblies and engineered metal-formed products with eleven production facilities across the country. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and supported by over 2.6 million square feet of production space and 3,000 associates, this company is the largest employee-owned company in Michigan.
The Robotic Weld-Operator job is a full-time position. We are hiring immediately! Let's get you to work today.
– Performs all duties necessary to ensure department and plant meet daily and weekly production requirements.
– References production orders in Plex to weld product per Job Element Sheet (JES).
– Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heavier objects by work partner[s]), throughout the assigned work center. Weld operations involve frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, and lifting.
– May select proper rack or bin to pack parts and/or store parts for the next process.
– Properly packs parts in correct bin/storage container per packaging instructions to meet customer requirements. Ensures proper labeling requirements are followed. Uses a computer, Plex system, keyboard, printer, and mouse.
– Completes work center and operator inspection sheets to verify processes are stable and all product quality and inspection, including gage checks, are being met.
– Visually inspects parts from the previous operation per quality standards to ensure proper form, fit, and function. Ensures customer and company quality standards are met per gage instructions, first piece inspection approval, problem containment processes, quality alerts, and other quality standards called out in the company Quality Policy and/or Plex System specific for each work center.
– Monitors material usage and floor stock to ensure accurate inventory. Notifies material handler when floor stock or inventory is low to prevent production interruptions.
– Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties.
– Cross trains on various work centers as required.
– Completes appropriate paperwork and other documentation (hourly count boards).
– Follow Escalation Process for problem/abnormality notifying.
– Meets daily production requirements.
– Ability to read and interpret job element sheets.
– Ability to use a variety of gages (functional, go/no go) required.
– Ability to use hand tools including, but not limited to; file, hand drill, and disc sander.
– Familiarity with welding processes preferred.
– PC and keyboard/mouse skills required.
– Ability to frequently lift/move material weighing up to 40 lbs.
– Ability to work as a contributing member within a team environment.
– Perform the job safely while adhering to company safety standards.
– Paid Holidays
– Vacation Pay
– Health Insurance
– Referral Bonus Program
– Employee of the Month
– Employee Appreciation Day
– Weekly pay by direct deposit or Rapid paycard
Benefits Once Hired In
– Safe-Harbor 401(k) Match
– Match 100% of each employee deferral on the first 3% of eligible compensation; 50% match on employee deferrals on the next 2% of compensation
– Employee Stock Ownership Program
– Eligibility begins after one year and is issued at no cost to employees
– 3 competitive healthcare options starting after 60-days
– Overtime opportunities
– Paid Time Off after 90-days
– 12 paid holidays
– Tuition reimbursement
– Tool allowances for skilled trades
– Referral bonus for direct hires
– Growth and Training opportunities
If you have any questions or require any help with your application, please give us a call at: 616.647.1100
If you or someone you may know is interested in this Robotic Weld-Operator position, please apply with us today! We also have other manufacturing positions available.
We not only take pride in our community involvement by helping individuals find short-and long-term employment safely, but also in our dedication to initiatives that positively contribute and enrich our communities; making them stronger and healthier places to live and work.
Forge Industrial Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and embrace diversity and inclusion. We believe in respect, tolerance, and equality. We are committed to promoting unity and providing job opportunities to ALL members of our community, and to treat each and every one with kindness, compassion, and respect.