About Square Roots
Square Roots is the technology leader in urban indoor farming. Its mission is to bring local, fresh, real food to people in cities around the world - setting new standards for transparency and responsibility while empowering the next generation of leaders in agriculture.
Founded by serial entrepreneurs, Kimbal Musk and Tobias Peggs, its range of fresh produce is available in more than 200 retail locations around the country including Whole Foods Market, Fresh Thyme Market, SpartanNash, and FreshDirect. Square Roots' strategic partnership with Gordon Food Service reinforces a larger shared ambition to build commercial scale, climate controlled indoor farms together across the continent - enabling local food at a global scale, year round.
About the Role
The Retail Execution Specialist will support Square Roots revenue goals through independent store acquisition, merchandising stores, and maintaining strong customer relationships in store as the “feet on the street” for our centralized sales team. This role will be part of the sales organization and collaborate closely with other sales, operations, and central team members, regularly sharing information and escalating issues to the appropriate customer relationship manager, operations, and leadership team members, if needed. The Retail Execution Specialist will eventually report to the Customer Business Manager, Northeast and Independents when hired.
- Advance the acquisition, development, and sales growth for independent retailers of a given campus.
- Develop and maintain relationships in store by building rapport and communicating effectively with produce managers and store owners to drive orders and store expansion, support the feedback loop between sales/operations/farming, and ensure superior customer service.
- Be responsible for merchandising stores of existing and newly activated customers of a given campus. Retail detail includes remedy void and tag issues, new item cut-ins, and checking stock codes.
- Monitor in store when issues arise relating to orders, deliveries, and out of stocks, sharing feedback with operations team members of a given campus to quickly resolve.
- Coordinate with merchandising partners of a given campus (i.e. Dirty Hands), if applicable, to fulfill POS assets/collateral requests and avoid overlap in merchandising efforts to maximize store coverage for Square Roots.
- Maintain continual awareness of the competitive environment by visiting stores regularly and sharing observations with sales and marketing team members.
- Collaborate with marketing team members on retailer sell-in materials and in-store merchandising/POS needs, as well as support execution of local marketing efforts as needed (i.e. influencer sendouts).
- Experience in merchandising and /or sales experience (preferred).
- Passionate about real, local food.
- A team player that likes to wear many hats.
- Flexible; able to successfully multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working independently while being a strong team player.
- Able to manage time and deadlines.
- A great listener who iterates quickly.
- Dedicated to COVID safety in all internal and external interactions.