Zeeland Lumber & Supply, a Division of US LBM; Is Seeking a Yard/Warehouse Associate 1st Shift for Our Zeeland, MI Location.
Zeeland Lumber & Supply is seeking motivated candidates for the Yard/Warehouse associate position. We’re a people first company that’s passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now!
What you should know about working at Zeeland Lumber & Supply:
- We’re all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a gas or electric powered forklift truck or hand-truck to move, stack, load, or unload materials in and about the facility, warehouse, yard, staging area, etc.
- Move materials from one location to another.
- Load and unload trucks and train cars and move material within the warehouse and yards.
- Assist with stocking of materials within warehouse.
- Greet customers and assist them with their product pick up.
- Use banding and shrink wrap machines, additional packaging may be required.
- Pull orders together and assemble them for shipment to customers or distribution centers.
- Gathering or distributing product or materials within the warehouse or yard
- Workers may use bar code readers, computer terminals or other electronic devices to track product.
- General knowledge on all of Zeeland Lumber’s products and WMS/ERP systems
Qualifications / Requirements
- Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Ability to follow basic written and verbal instructions, such as bills of materials and shipping documents, or equivalent. Ability to read shipping documents.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Commitment to company values.
Education / Training / Experience
- Must be able to obtain a Powered Industrial Truck (Forklift) Certificate.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
- The Good. 401(k) with company match.
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts, Safety Gear, Boot Subsidy $175
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Zeeland Lumber & Supply.
Zeeland Lumber & Supply is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.