As the Senior DevOps CICD Engineer, you are responsible for providing engineering support for the enterprise Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment & Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools and pipelines to drive a consistent and appropriate use of automated testing and deployment across the enterprise. You will partner with architecture, internal product groups and development teams to develop technical design and processes for the automation of software development, release and deployment using a CI/CD platform and management of GCP cloud infrastructure for development, test and production environments. May participate from time to time as a member of a DevOps team to bring consistency and best practices in our approach, tools, and standard and provide technical leadership for projects.
- Setup, maintenance and ongoing development of continuous build/ integration infrastructure
- Supporting CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance
- Training and supporting developers from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards
- Ensure CI/CD and SCM practices are appropriately factoring in non-functional requirements (resiliency, security, code quality, etc.)
- Ability to work closely with development teams to solve complex solution challenges, drive code modernization, governance, and cloud transformation efforts
- Mentors Associate or Intermediate DevOp Engineers
- Advocate technical architecture and build consensus for the adoption of new technologies across multiple functional teams.
What do we need from you:
- 5 years information technology experience to include at least 2 years of software engineering of SDLC tool experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field is required
- Experience with: Build time dependency management (Maven) for pre-production and production environments including environment substitution, Unit testing and code coverage tools (JUnit), Functional test automation techniques and tools (Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter etc.)
- Experience with build automation tools- Jenkins preferred
- Experience in SDLC including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts.
- Foundational understanding of both current and legacy technologies in areas like application platforms (e.g., cloud platforms, legacy platforms), CI/CD tooling and practices, integration patterns and automated testing.
- Confirmed passion for automation; proficient and determined to find ways to automate and streamline processes and practices
Preferred work experience to include:
- DevOps, Ansible, Jenkins, GitLab, Tomcat and Cloud experience
- Experience with content management and issue tracking (Atlassian tool suite)
- Hands-on experience with automated deployment of resources, Serverless deployments, Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with JUnit, Mockito, Wiremock, GKE, Terraform
- Building managing GCP cloud infrastructure and automation