The Materials Clerk receives and inspects incoming materials and parts for accuracy and to ensure conformance to specifications. The Materials Clerk also packages, prepares shipping documentation, ships and records outgoing shipments, manages inventory with on-hand accuracy, and handles material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares jobs for upcoming deliveries. Prioritizes jobs that need to ship.
- Packages parts according to proper specification.
- Ensures that serial number from shipper matches actual parts.
- Prepares work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Ships via UPS and FED-EX. Accurately fills out appropriate paperwork.
- Monitors inventory for boxes and appropriate packing materials.
- Requisitions shipping materials when required to maintain appropriate supply.
- Delivers materials to departments as required.
- Performs any other task as requested by supervisor.
- Ensures incoming part quantities received matches purchase orders and packing list information
- Performs dock to stock inspection of incoming parts when necessary
- Maintains proper documentation of incoming materials and parts received
- Counts parts by hand or by weight for production per the relieving report
- Ensures that the proper information is on travelers by listing INVR’s for parts pulled, making necessary notes and signing and dating each page of the traveler.
- Keeps accurate quantities, pulls correct parts and maintains proper documentation for traceability
- Assist with maintaining of tool crib
- Performs other tasks as requested by supervisor
- High School Diploma/GED
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong math and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet materials demands
- Experience shipping/receiving/inspecting product in a manufacturing environment, strongly preferred