You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Dealer Development Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Dealer Development Manager, you'll be responsible for supporting Dealer Principals and their teams to establish durable, sustainable, high performance dealerships that are fully aligned with Herman Miller. You will be assigned to an area(s) in North America (East Central, West, and/or Canada). You'll serve as a conduit between Herman Miller Corporate (West Michigan), Herman Miller Area Vice Presidents and their Field Sales Teams, and our Dealer Distribution Partners. You will support theDirector of Dealer Distribution for North America. You'll also act as a key link between Herman Miller and its Owned, Independent, and Certified Dealer Partners, with a primary focus of enabling, supporting, sharing best practices, and building advocacy both generally and in functional areas, including Sales, Design, Operations, and Finance. There will also be an additional focus on compliance and accountability.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou . . .
- Ensure there are Dealership succession plans/ownership transitions in place ina proactive manner and in accordance with required performance metrics.
- Facilitate the various requirements for Herman Miller's Certification Program. You will ensure that applicable dealers meet certification requirements annually and conduct regular reviews. You'll follow up on action items, including, but not limited to, all ongoing improvement programs. You'll also ensure that all related Certified Network Service Tools, such as the Customer Satisfaction and Service-Net, are thoroughly utilized.
- Monitor all annual performance metrics and facilitate action plans when and where required. You will marshal the appropriate corporate resources to address specific issues with a dealer based on poor performance. You'll also conduct aregular review with the Dealer Principal of capability, total scorecard, and certification.
- Monitor and participate in all contract compliance issues, i.e., trading areas, authorized customers, "bootlegging," etc. You will navigate challenges effectively, address inappropriate activity, and facilitate audits when applicable.
- Monitor dealer sales and business plans with both the Dealer Management and Regional Herman Miller Sales Team on a regular basis. This includes a focus on targeted and existing account activity (both Herman Miller Field Sales and dealer), turnover rate of "feet on the street," and assurance of appropriate alignment with Herman Miller.
- Oversee related customer/dealer complaints. You will manage dealer conflict in conjunction with appropriate resources. You'll also participate in any related customer/dealer complaints.
- Participate in the Annual Sales Planning process in conjunction with the Regional Herman Miller Sales Team and the Herman Miller dealer with the purpose of ensuring dealer sales performance is in line with company growth and revenue targets. You will also provide appropriate communication/documentation when and where needed.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Take responsibility for the business relationship with Herman Miller Corporate, Dealer Management, and the Regional Herman Miller Sales Team. You'll participate in related meetings, forums, and planning sessions as required.
- Review and analyze the market "footprint" to determine proper distribution strategies. You will understand and inform partners of the competitive landscape and ensure there are the right number of dealers per market to achieve corporate market share and volume targets. You'll also facilitate theISO Add/Delete policy and procedure if and where required.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or arelated field (or equivalent experience).
- Five to seven years of experience working/managing within and/or supporting channel/distribution networks.
- A demonstrated understanding of distribution models.
- A demonstrated understanding of dealer financial models and reporting.
- Two years of experiencein the office furniture industry with connection to dealers (preferred).
- The ability to work collaboratively and to teach, coach, monitor, and influence key stakeholders.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Expert communication skills,including verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Financial literacy and business acumen.
- The ability to travel at least 60percent of the time within a region.
- The abilityto perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
- Preferred location: West Coast
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.