As an Application Specialist - Workplace Category, you will get a broad range of experiences working with a highly talented team of Application Designers with the ability to make big impacts for the business. We are looking for team members that can help us with ideas and the ability to implement on solutions to big complex problems.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Conducting application studies and needs assessment with Sales and Design teams to understand needs in the market, create an application POV, and articulate visually through application design
- Developing applications within CET, Sketchup, CAD Pack, and/or third-party design tools as applicable to support various product application needs
- Driving the sales of the existing portfolio by developing tools to help field-based Sales and Design teams navigate the portfolio at a variety of price points and effectively specify complex products
- Supporting the field with technical application design questions that are not covered within the existing toolset
- Conducting application studies and market analysis to assist with the exploration of new product concepts and market needs
- Providing training to internal and external audiences as needed
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Four to six years of experience
- Application design experience in CET, Auto CAD, and Sketchup
- Ability to float between conceptual work and tactical detailed technical design
- Initiative and energy
- Dealer experience is a plus
- Ability to understand the needs of the broader dealer design/sales network and work to find solutions that scale to that audience.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.