You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Senior Information Technology Auditor at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Information Technology Auditor, you'll protect Herman Miller's IT assets by proactively identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective IT controls and processes. You will recommend appropriate new or compensating controls for identified deficiencies to management. You'll also conduct IT risk assessment and perform IT audits.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Conduct risk-based reviews of security technology controls in partnership with the Information Technology/Digital group, which helps ensure the stability of operations and security.
- Develop and maintain productive client and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Document referenced audit work papers in line with PCAOB standards.
- OptimizeIT control structure and framework.
- Partnerwith internal business partners for thecontinuous enhancement of internal control structure.
- Perform business application and system development reviews to ensure proper controls are developed and maintained.
- Support the company's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program, specifically IT General Controls.
- Collaboratewith external auditors on audit planning, testing, and evaluation procedures, and ensurestability and compliance with audit and regulatory requirements/mandates. This includes conducting interviews, executing audit steps, and documenting work as you evaluatethe effectiveness of Information Technology General Controls and system-dependent automated controls, reports, or queries throughout the environment.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Threeyears of experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm as an IT auditor or a similar position serving SEC clients.
- Experience reviewing SOC1 reports and assessing Complementary User Entity Controls.
- A track record in successful SOX controls optimization and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- The ability to identify and test/document Key SOX reports.
- Strong relationship building skills, specifically the ability to foster external relationships (SOX assessors, internal clients, and external auditors).
- The ability to apply judgment in evaluating IT risk and controls while understanding underlying business/IT processes.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying IT auditing principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks such as Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT), COSO, ISO27001, GDPR, and NIST.
- Knowledge of data privacy and governance principles, IT regulatory risks, and controls.
- An understanding of and/or experience with IT infrastructure operations, including network security, operating systems, databases, middleware, patch management, cloud security, and data center operations (e.g.,disaster recovery, backups).
- An understanding of systems development, IT control frameworks, database management systems, SDLC, general IT controls, application controls, cyber security, COBIT, COSO, and SOX 404 requirements relating to IT systems and processes.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.