Responsible for coordinating launch projects and problem-solving activities as they relate to present or new manufacturing processes. Familiar with all phases of planning and costing but is primarily concerned with equipment and product change launches. Primary responsibility is to facilitate required changes to current products, processes, and launching of new programs in the manufacturing plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple launch, product, and process changes for the plant at a time.
- Work with vendors to quote required equipment and track through build, runoff, and installation phases.
- Maintain time lines and open issues lists as required by the project.
- Coordinate all engineering change notices between Plymouth and the plant.
- Maintains effective communications with all people affected by projects and issues operating instructions when required. Issues periodic status reports to keep affected personnel informed.
- Recommends changes for the most practical and economical manufacturing processes, including material, labor, tooling, and equipment.
- Participates in selecting, approving, and developing tooling and equipment to satisfy manufacturing requirements and product design intent.
- Serves as resource person to product and process changes in the plant.
- Serves as part of SDT team of Pre-Launch Team of new programs, if required and as assigned.
- Complete required documentation and audits for new launches and product/process changes.
- Lead engineering trials on product changes.
- Owner of Product and Process change forms and sign off.
- Develop estimated project costing based on customer volume increase and requirements.
- Work closely with production to ensure key measures are met
- Familiar with PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plans
- Complete all required and applicable training required by Adient and its customers
- Coordinate new product launch and engineering changes with other team members.
- Facilitate cost and timing optimized product and manufacturing solutions.
- Work with manufacturing and quality engineers to verify drawings are understood completely and addressed with actions in the manufacturing facilities (including critical component suppliers).
- Understand the manufacturing equipment and appropriateness to meet product performance requirements. Raise concerns to leadership as necessary.
- Achieve the correct balance for engineering, manufacturing, and quality. Verify CC/SC/IC's, check methods, and check frequency.
- Support plant Manufacturing Engineering's with process improvements as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Education / Experience / Skills
Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- At least 2-5 years in manufacturing engineering or related manufacturing area, automotive is a plus.
- Project management skills
- Competent working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process utilizing PFMEA principles.
- Capable of implementing processes, methods, tools equipment, and controls for the manufacturer of products and components consistent with obtaining and maintaining optimum costs, quality, inventories, and investment in facilities. Activities will include all aspects of prototype development and builds.
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance metrics.
- Practical knowledge of GD&T, PFMEA, Control Plans, Process Flows, and Operator Instruction Sheets.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills with ability to utilize time management skills.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using Allen Bradley's RS Logix 5000, ControlLogix development software for troubleshooting is a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be able to meet the requirements of being able to work in the United States (USCIS Form I-9).
Adhere to all Health, Safety and Environmental Standards Report occupational injuries, illnesses and accidents Report hazardous, unsafe and unhealthy conditions