Robotics Technician / Engineer, Hudsonville, MI –
Altron Automation is a custom manufactured automated machinery company in West Michigan. We are all about quality, dedication and integrity. We design, build and execute all in-house, located in Hudsonville, Michigan. Included in our capabilities are advanced manufacturing systems, test equipment, reinforced plastics and prototyping. For more than 30 years we’ve been designing solutions and creating automation with the very best service and engineering team. Delivering results with pristine accuracy is essential to us.
Join Altron Automation and have an exciting career in Robotics. We provide a high tech environment where every project is custom. This is a fast paced and team oriented role. The Robotics Technician / Engineer is responsible for complete robot setup, programming (offline and online) and communications of the custom manufactured automated machinery. This includes, but is not limited to, design and troubleshooting. This role is full time.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program and download to robots using offline simulation software.
- Robot programming, system debug, installation and customer support when required.
- Able to jog robot, touch up points, create programs.
- Process in MIG, spot welding, material handling, sealing, gluing, and clinch.
- Ability to read electrical machine prints and PLC/robot interfaces.
- Experience with Fanuc, ABB and Motoman.
- Robot commissioning and communications set up.
- Validation of the robot safety.
- Configure peripheral equipment.
- Verify the robot hardware installation.
- Document software design, operating procedures and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field, with Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred (Applicable years of experience and education may be considered).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in robotics.
- Strong technical robotic skills including programming, operations and maintenance.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Supervisory skills and experience.
- Able to read and draw controls schematics.
- Must be able to understand PLCs.
- Must have knowledge of machine control practices.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA, MIOSHA, NEMA, NEC and pertinent industry standards and codes.
- Technical writing skills a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Willing and able to travel as needed with possible international travel (25% highly preferred).
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goal and exercises team effort to achieve success.
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Thoughtful and respects peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers; able to work in multicultural environments.
- Handles pressure well with a positive attitude.
- Prioritizes and handles many tasks simultaneously and has strong organizational skills.
- Takes pride in company and has concern for corporate image.
- General housekeeping of work areas.
See more about us at www.altronautomation.com