At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
Location:850 76th Street S.W. - Byron Center, Michigan 49315
The IT Application team is looking for an experienced Enterprise Applications Test & Release Manager to join our Grand Rapids, MI, team. The primary responsibility will be to lead and participate in testing and Release management of Enterprise Applications related to business needs such as demand planning, purchasing inventory, distribution, and billing, to ensure compliance with our organizational standards and business requirements. The individual will be working with Program Managers, Architects, and software Developers throughout the application development lifecycle to test and release the applications we're building and/or integrating with third-party applications.
- Participate in IT Project meetings (Demand Intake, ROM estimation, Project kickoffs, Weekly Status, etc.) and other required QA and release management meetings as needed.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback; analyze requirements for testability and identify gaps as needed.
- Develop test strategies, and document and maintain test cases for large, complex projects.
- Execute test cases and analyze results; identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing.
- Creates reports and tracking for release readiness and testing results for leadership.
- Communicate with leadership, developers, testers, and professional services regarding platform issues.
- Understands the technical intricacies of enterprise integrations and communicates plans and solutions for testing these scenarios effectively.
- Report bugs and errors to development teams; perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle; assure internal documentation is updated to reflect any process changes.
- Responsible for identifying blockers for a release, and work to eliminate them.
- Responsible for documenting and preserving release artifacts, including, but not limited to, release documentation, release feature-list, release dependencies, resolved bugs, etc.
- Coordinating meetings with various developers and QA engineers on a regular basis, to ensure that the release stays on track, and to communicate expectations internally to each developer throughout the release process.
- Responsible for informing senior management of all risks and blockers on a regular basis.
- Test Automation Framework assessment, implementation, and maintenance.
- Defect and Test Management Tools administration and training.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with formal education/training in QA methodologies.
- A thorough understanding of software testing methodologies, development processes, and the bug life cycle with the ability to intelligently speak about them.
- At least 7 years of experience in Enterprise application testing, including experience as an ERP, Retail POS, Supply Chain application tester verifying the functionality of software solutions.
- Experience with and/or understanding of purchase order management, Warehouse management systems (WMS), Retail applications stack and Ecommerce web and mobile applications.
- Experience with and/or understanding of Cloud Computing, mobile computing.
- Experience translating acceptance criteria and design specifications into test cases.
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running.
- Ability to break down bugs into their core repeatable components.
- Is equally comfortable working within a team or independent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Experience in an Agile development environment (Plus).
- ISTQB certified tester (plus).
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.