The Senior Manager, Corporate and Public Relations is an experienced media and influencer professional that will lead Herman Miller Thought Leadership, Product, and Solutions Communications. You will partner with other Marketing leads, as well as departments in the organization, to develop and deliver strategies for executing on the business goals of the company. You'll manage public relations and our agency relationship and oversee our annual planning and results metrics. You will plan and manage the development and execution of Herman Miller's external communications with a specific focus on our thought leadership (research and insights), products (across brands), and digital solutions. You will partner with the Marketing, Research and Insights, and Product Development teams to develop earned media plans aligned with our quarterly marketing plans to consistently increase our share of voice and reach through traditional and non-traditional media.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Leading the Thought Leadership, Product, and Solutions area of Herman Miller Global Communications
- Taking responsibility for the annual earned media plan and results for this area as well quarterly plans in sync with Marketing Planning Calendar
- Overseeing weekly and quarterly reporting of success metrics to the leadership team
- Coordinating all earned media plans and reporting with the Herman Miller International team and the Herman Miller family of brands
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with media, editors, designers, and influencers to optimize our position in the industry marketplace, increase brand awareness, and drive customer acquisition and brand affinity
- Driving process and content excellence in all external communications
- Measuring the ROI of all communications initiatives and creating an ongoing dashboard for the brands
- Monitoring news announcements, media coverage, marketplace trends, and developments across the industry. You'll also manage an archive of critical press clippings
- Managing, growing, training, and placing the Subject Matter Expert (SME) team in the media
- Managing agency partners for Herman Miller Contract work, Thought Leadership, and Corporate Communications
- Developing and maintaining a strong internal and external network of relationships in support of external communications
- Partnering with the corporate Public Relations team on crisis management issues
- Executing trends analysis, both from competitors and retail industry overall
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field. A Master's degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field is preferred
- Six years of experience in professional communications, with at least three years of experience in corporate communications or public relations agency experience
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Financial literacy and well-developed business acumen
- Experience developing public relations strategy and communications
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, energy, and enthusiasm
- Aptitude for managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, with comfort developing and presenting ideas
- Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to write for a variety of needs with a nuanced understanding of tone, message, and medium
- Project management and organizational skills
- A demonstrate track record in B2B and B2C communications with focus on PR and organic social content
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.