Human centered problem-solving design is the core of what we do at Herman Miller. As a Digital Product Designer, you will collaborate on a cross-functional agile team composed of Designers, Developers, and Product Managers. Together, you will invent and deliver elegant, simple solutions to complex problems. We expect you to bring a relentless customer focus every day. Product Designers are strategic players in every aspect of a product's life cycle. You may find yourself facilitating design sprints, drawing wireframes, creating high fidelity comps, conducting qualitative research, or providing thoughtful feedback to teammates.
You'll work specifically with our CRM Product Team, so experience working on products such as , internally and externally-facing systems for sales, service, and marketing organizations, and have a proven record working with and prioritizing the needs of users in all 3 areas are key to being successful in this role.
You will focus on product thinking and service design, improving the user experience to delight our sales, service, and marketing users, and to elevate their efficiency and effectiveness, with some dealer and customer-facing touch-points. We are looking for a Product Designer with a strong background in strategy and human-centered design who is comfortable and confident being a leader on the CRM Product Team, and a strong advocate for their target users.
What You'll Do
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Building presentations and presenting to key stakeholders and internal teams.
- Conductinguser research, synthesizingfindings, and communicatinginsights.
- Contributingto product design standards documentation and best practices.
- Creatingmodular and reusable patterns to optimize the user experience.
- Designing and understanding the user experience of features in our digital products.
- Givingand soliciting feedback from other designers in order to continuouslyimprove quality.
- Partnering with Analytics team members to improve our customer experience based on data-driven insights.
- Regularly contributingto Herman Miller's Design System.
- Bringing a strong knowledge of visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, and brand development.
- Turning broad, conceptual ideas into functional products that customers love.
- Using modern design and prototyping tools to design intuitive user flows and refined aesthetic experiences.
- Usingqualitative research and quantitative insights to solve customer issues with minimal guidance.
- Working with every part of the Product team, including Engineering and Product Management, to collaboratively develop strategyand drive it forward.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience Design, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Three years of experience in visual design, interaction design, and strategic product thinking.
- A portfolio website featuring examples of interaction design, product design, or digital marketing.
- Experience working on a cross-functional product development team.
- Proven work demonstrating effective user-centered design solutions.
- Extensive experience with modern design and prototyping tools.
- Anability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Experience translating business and creative strategies into effective digital communications.
- Anunderstanding of accessibility standards and human-centered design principles.
- Experience designing for international audiences and multi-language localization (a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional presentation skills.
- A high level of consultative skills.
- The ability to investigate and analyze complex data and generate new ideas and solutions.
- Strong time management, problem-solving, planning, and organization skills for success in a results-oriented environment. You'll need tobe self-motivated and able to work independently.
- An understanding of web analytics.
- Experience analyzing and writing product requirements.
Who We Are
The Herman Miller Group is a family of individually vibrant brands, all dedicated to artful, problem-solving design. As Herman Miller has evolved over its 100-plus-year history, we've joined forces with brands that share our commitment to great design, and promoting the health and well-being of our customers and employees.
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.