The Project Manager - Corporate PMO works under general supervision, managing IT projects from original concept through final implementation and ensuring adherence to quality standards. In this role, you will act as a liaison between IT and assigned business units or vendors around decisions that may be impacted by technology. You'll also collects, analyze and review documents to communicate business needs and requirements to the IT organization, and feeds back solution design through direct interaction with business partners.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Demonstrating knowledge of a business area to identify and communicate how IT solutions can add value.
- Ensuring a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the project plan in order to align stakeholders and team members.
- Ensuring that the design and integration of proposed system, software, and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
- Identifying high level risks and constraints and implements approved actions and workarounds to mitigate project risk events to ensure continued execution of the overall project.
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan and facilitating customer acceptance.
- Monitoring and measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to communicate to all stakeholders.
- Monitoring the execution of all tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Participating in decisions around buying versus building technology solutions.
- Performing additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Recording detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using appropriate requirement gathering techniques.
- Working with key stakeholders in assigned business segments to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Performing additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Business, or equivalent work experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Five to seven years of relevant technical or business work and management experience involving three plus years of experience in process engineering and/or project management. Experience with global projects is a plus.
- IT project management experiece preferred
- Strong understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the short- and long-term direction of the business and technology.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Expert communication skills, e.g., written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation.
- Must be financially literate and possess business acumen.
- Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.