If you are interested in a long-term career with a well-established, growing organization consisting of a team of skilled and dedicated employees, you should consider an opportunity at Trans-Matic. We provide a full benefits package including medical/Rx, dental, vision, flex, life insurance, EAP, 401k, vacation, tuition assistance, and much more.
Trans-Matic Manufacturing Company is an industry leader in deep drawn metal stampings, progressive die stampings and value added assembly solutions. We have 53 years of experience in deep drawn metal stamping with three locations providing solutions to customers here in the U.S. and around the world. We serve the automotive, lock hardware, compressor, appliance, fire prevention, medical, pharmaceutical, and plumbing markets.
Trans-Matic strives to maintain a workplace free from alcohol and other drug abuse and its effects. As such, pre-hire drug tests are required as a condition of the employment application. Trans-Matic may use a refusal to submit to a test, or positive confirmed test result, as a basis for refusal to hire.
Trans-Matic is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, height, weight, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other protected class to the extent required by law.
Please check us out online at www.transmatic.com.
Business development and commercial management activities in support of the Trans-Matic account managers and sales directors in pursuit of Trans-Matic's strategic and business objectives.
- The Sales Engineer will work closely with all functional areas inside Trans-Matic to coordinate commercial management and business development activities.
- The Sales Engineer will assist Account Managers with customer activities including:
- Communication, product quoting, customer forms, cost breakdown, and follow up activities.
- Internal communication with engineering, production, purchasing, program management etc.
- Participate on both internal and customer project teams.
- Lead and coordinate all internal TLP (technical review) activities.
- Leadership of lower level commercial issues as assigned by account manager.
- Sales Engineer activities to include, but are not limited to:
- Participate with quoting new customer inquiries, gathering product and business information for the inquiry.
- Entering new projects in Trans-Matic’s Product Launch System (PLS).
- Conduct market research activities.
- Post updates about Trans-Matic to social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google).
- Maintain database for industry trade shows. Manage exhibits for trade shows. Attend trade shows along with other sales colleagues.
- Maintain Trans-Matic promotional products/literature and trade show booth.
- Assist the Account Managers as a back-up when the Account Manager is out of the office.
- Field random sales calls and internet inquiries.
- Lead cost reduction activities for existing business.
- Support program managers with product launch activities as necessary.
- Conduct account management activities for a small list of accounts.
- Collect and report out on pertinent sales department metrics and activities.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of Blueprints and GD&T
- Working knowledge of SPC
- Quality measurement layout techniques
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate complex technical information to others.
- A basic knowledge base of manufacturing processes and a strong desire to enhance knowledge.
- Ability to travel occasionally (5 – 10%)
- Automotive technical experience.
- Experience with IATF16949, PPAP submissions, and Advanced Product Quality Planning.
- Experience with Kaizen principles or other Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control.
- Tool design experience.
- Quoting experience.
- Metal stamping/assembly experience/manufacturing processes
Required Interpersonal & Behavioral Skills:
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and discipline in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- High energy, goal-oriented problem solver
- Dedication to teamwork and commitment to building a world-class customer experience.
- Excellent judgment, follow-up, attention to detail and personal accountability.
- Strong decision-making skills