Staffing Inc. is a West Michigan-based employment service that is employee-owned (ESOP). We recruit for some of the best companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area. Most of our positions are long-term, with hire-in opportunity for those that shine!
Staffing Inc. is hiring for Machine Operator positions at a company in Kentwood for 2nd and 3rd shift.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION: Responsible for part production; molding, assembly, and inspection of all product produced. The selected candidate will have excellent vision, hand-eye coordination, dexterity, and analytical skills with a high focus on organization, cleanliness, ability to follow procedures, and quality of work.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Able to retrieve product from molding machines; both automatic and manual at standard rates - Able to visually inspect and measure all parts according to specifications and blueprints - Able to perform assembly work at the standard rate and meet all quality expectations - Must follow all specifications, department procedures, and all ISO/GMP’s - Must be able to work as a team with other Operators and Support Staff - Must understand department goals and objectives as well as participate in advancing them.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2-5 years experience in fast-paced environment of medical device molding and assembly
· Strong communication and teamwork skills
· Strong analytical skills
· An orientation toward process improvements
· Able to read and write fluently as well as read basic blueprints and dimensional callouts
· Must be able to work a standard 40-hour workweek with occasional overtime including weekends a possibility.
· Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time as well as some walking within the facility.
· Must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues.
· Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet.
· The ability to lift and carry various items up to 50 pounds.
Applications are accepted Mon-Fri. from 9am-3pm at Staffing, Inc. 1033 W. Fulton Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. Or our Kentwood office: 2440 28th St.
Questions, please call 616-451-0511