At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
Location:Remote Address - Remote City, Michigan 48001
Responsible for Microsoft Windows Server design, architecture, and support for entire enterprise. Includes support and involvement with VMWare and other related Hypervisor technologies, Active Directory, Microsoft related products and services, Citrix, IDPA, MS Azure. Establish and support network operating and associated system software configurations and their documentation. Evaluate server hardware and software components and the verification of interoperability of these products with existing components. Monitor server network performance and security. Network/router virtualization in and HCI environment.
- Perform standard configuration, management, and maintenance tasks for related file systems, IO systems, networking, clustering, storage, and applications [SQL deployment, etc.]
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to ensure best practices through secure system access, system monitoring, log management/monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
- Perform and test system configuration backups and restores to ensure system recovery from error or outage
- Perform and test data backups and restores, in conjunction with the storage team where present, to ensure full data retrieval.
- Review and deploy Windows system releases and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices.
- Work closely with: Business unit, infrastructure operations, network, security respective teams.
- Support and active involvement with Design and implementation: Active Directory, Server Deployment of Operating Systems Golden Images.
- Continuously maintain and update golden images for OS deployment.
- Maintain patch levels for existing operating environment and golden images 90%.
- Create, maintain, and update infrastructure documentation for virtualized, physical and HCI.
- Meet regularly with vendors and maintain familiarity with their products, services, and strategic directions.
- Provide performance information to IT management. Work with internal and external audit groups.
- Evaluate server hardware and software components and the verification of interoperability of these products with existing components.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here's what you'll need:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining various technologies including but limited to Windows server, hyper-converged, Private-cloud (vRealize) architecture in a high-impact environment
- Strong knowledge and skills related to hardware and software troubleshooting.
- A broad understanding of many varied computer and communications technologies, architectures and protocols is required.
- Experience with digital certificates and various electronic secure communications.
- Experience with modern scripting technologies (PowerShell, bash, etc.)
- Requires strong knowledge of computer hardware architecture and operating systems in a heterogenous environment
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills, good customer service skills. Strong analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, decision-making, and
- attention to detail.
- Possess strong project management skills; ability to lead projects and organize and prioritize workload. Must be able to work
- independently and in team settings. Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as business needs. Must participate in an on-call rotation.
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 10% -) as needed.
- Professional level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of o365 and supporting technologies is plus
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.