- Basic problem solving skills.
- The ability to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice minute inconsistencies/faults in parts, equipment, or production processes to prevent faulty products leaving the facility.
- The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information.
- Ability to read, interpret and use the information presented in drawings, diagrams and blueprints to determine appropriate activities, tools, and next steps in the production process.Basic knowledge of GD&T.
- Knowledge of handling materials and safety equipment/gear in accordance with MSDS requirements.
- Ability to operate basic inspection equipment (e.g., microscope, functional gauges, plug gage, and micrometer).
- The ability to use computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify, or output information.
- The ability to use sound judgment when interacting with fellow employees, customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of how quality impacts the success of the organization.This may include costs to customers, costs of recalls and potential costs due to negative impacts on a company's reputation.
- The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- This position requires FAA Repairman Certification. In order to be FAA Repairman Certified, you maynot have any convictions for violation of any federal or state statutes pertaining to narcotic drugs,marijuana, and depressant or stimulant drugs or substances.
|Education or Formal Training|
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must pass vision exam to Woodward standards.
1 year of related work experience required.
Materials and Equipment Used
|Working Environment/ Physical Activities|
Occasional moderate lifting (20 pounds max).
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in ArmsRegulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S.persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S.person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, orRefugee.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company's innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer