Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Maintenance Technician will leverage strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience to maintain and repair manufacturing equipment. This position requires thorough working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and machine control principles. The ideal candidate will leverage past experience in a consumer product goods environment.
The selected candidate will be eligible to participate in company Total Rewards offerings including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, quarterly bonus program, competitive compensation, and hourly shift premiums where applicable.
- Perform repairs/rebuilds of manufacturing equipment including assembly equipment, pick and place lines, and wrap machines
- Troubleshoot and service minor to complex electrical and machine controls circuits, leveraging experience with:
o Conveyor drive systems
o Motor starter circuits including Variable Frequency Drives
o I/O—Switch functions
o Equipment wiring
o Schematic reading and PLC ladder logic
o A/C & D/C Electronic concepts
- Participate in identifying and deploying process improvement opportunities to meet production and manufacturing goals
- Assist in ongoing retrofit, rebuild and upgrade projects
- Participate in training of team members to support the maintenance team
- Assist in creating and developing training aids to support manufacturing operations
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience with manufacturing and automation assembly equipment or equivalent years of education with 1 year of hands on experience
- Working knowledge of electrical troubleshooting, light pneumatics, mechanical, common sense, problem solving skills and machine control principles
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, print, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- The ability to learn various in-house software including: Word, Microsoft office, SAP
- Willingness to train in other areas such as: light robotic programming software, Vision system and continuous improvement processes
- Some experience in fabrication, including welding (MIG & TIG)
- Ability to work full-time flexible hours during regularly scheduled shifts and ongoing and weekend overtime as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with technical and non-technical staff