Position- Machining Supervisor (Production)
Position reports directly to Plant Manager and reviews work orders to estimate machine time and production time. Required to plan workflow, schedules staffing, and production flow, monitors required materials. Responsible for productivity and quality management to the extent that it falls within department control.
Recommends equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments, process modifications, and may recommend product or service modifications. Assists with employee selection, reviews employee performance, administers work rules and might recommend compensation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing, implementing, and assisting Safety Lead with projects, changes, or planning drills.
- Responsible for safety audits provided by safety team members.
- Ensuring Team Members are following safety guidelines
- Reporting and training of any safety actions to team members
- Creating a positive and driven atmosphere for your team.
- Required to complete and preform Semi-annual evaluation for all direct reports. Reviewed with Plant Manager and HR if required.
- Implementing and executing cross training and moving team members around to meet daily requirements.
- Assistance of hiring and terminating employees in your respective area is required.
- Personnel issues with direct reports should be documented and reported to Plant Manager and HR.
- Quality checks
- Responsibilities include
- Identifying poor quality material passed to a downstream customer and addressing with prior departments.
- Root cause analysis preformed every two weeks on highest area and reported Monthly
- Reports are required Weekly on Information board
- Reviewing Daily Schedule (Maintain 98% OTC)
- Identifying issues, problems, roadblocks
- Actively Addressing and completing 2 improvements a month in 3 departments. Reporting on information board is required and will need to be updated.
- Identifying labor needs for workload daily.
- Will be reporting direct and indirect actions on information boards
- Reviewing PM for department
- Working with Maintenance and Plant Managers for large capital changes
- Handle Vacation/Time Off request with your team.
- BS Degree in Engineering, or related field with 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing
- Supervisory experience of 3+ years
- Manages stressful situations well
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to do frequent lifting
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations, and ergonomics' oriented
- Excellent in attendance