Position: Foster Care Case Aide
Reports To: Foster Care Case Aide Supervisor
Beginning Pay Range: $13.00 / hour
About this Opportunity:
As a Case Aide in our Foster Care program, you will be responsible for the transportation of children from their homes to convenient locations to have visits with loved ones while you observe and document. The Case Aide will work about 15-25 hours per week, Monday through Saturday, primarily afternoons and evenings. This is the perfect position for students or candidates looking to earn an extra income. Join us in our mission to help children and empower families by providing safety, advocacy, and support.
You will know you’re successful in this role when:
- You supervise child-parent interaction, ensuring safety and intervening when necessary.
- You document and/or discuss any concerns with Foster Care Case Managers, maintaining confidentiality.
- You meet all auto safety expectations as outlined by the job description and engage in training required by D.A. Blodgett - St. John's training plan, including areas of discipline, trauma-informed parenting etc.
Would you like to help us accomplish our mission as a Foster Care Case Aide?
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must have valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Safe, dependable vehicle available, with appropriate insurance.
- Acceptable background check.
- Good practical understanding of child development, with the ability to easily relate to children, birth parents, and foster parents, and to provide and maintain appropriate discipline for children in a warm and understanding manner.
- Possess an understanding and sensitivity to the client’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics..
- Child care skills and parenting experience preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess some knowledge of community resources.
- Positive acceptance of supervision in order to learn and be trained in job-related functions.
- Personal qualities of organizational skills, assertiveness, good judgment, conscientiousness, attention to detail, and timeliness.
- A personal commitment to the Agency’s mission, philosophy, and values.
D.A. Blodgett – St. John’s is a private non-sectarian agency that serves vulnerable children and families from the entire community. Our core objectives are to strengthen families, help children heal from abuse and neglect, provide homes and help kids thrive.
Mission: To help children and empower families by providing safety, advocacy, and support.
· Exceptional Service: Client-focused and teaming at the center of our work.
· Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion: All are welcomed, valued, and belong.
· Excellence: Ongoing commitment to learning and improvement.
· Integrity: Responsibility and ownership of our actions and results.
· Creativity: Imagination, innovation, and intelligent risk taking.
· Passion: Relentless positive energy toward our mission and vision.
You belong here: At DABSJ we work to create an inclusive workplace free of discrimination where all are welcomed and belong. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation/identity, height, weight, marital status, veterans status, disability, or other legally protected characteristic as required by law.