At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
Location:7600 France Ave S - Edina, Minnesota 55435
The WMS Business Analyst combines warehouse management process expertise and technology knowledge of warehouse management systems to facilitate the translation of business needs into solutions in systems. The WMS Business analyst plays a critical role as a consultant to the Supply Chain organization to understand business imperatives, perform feasibility analysis and to translate the business needs into requirements and functional specifications. The WMS Business Analyst plays a critical role in bridging Supply Chain with technical delivery providers, both internal within SpartanNash as well as external. The WMS Business Analyst plays a key part in the success of projects, ensuring that the business requirements are adequately considered in the design and delivery of solutions.
- Develop a framework for understanding warehouse management processes and ongoing changes and evolution of these processes.
- Develop in-depth familiarity with an assigned portfolio of warehouse management applications, developing knowledge of how Supply Chain business users utilize the applications as well as competence in the functionality and capability of the WMS applications.
- Stay current with the latest capabilities of the applications in the assigned portfolio of wms applications.
- Work closely with Supply Chain users on enhancement and project requests to clearly identify and understand business needs and requirements.
- Lead requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise and comprehensible.
- Work with delivery team leaders and technical architects to assess the feasibility of solutions and to determine the optimal solution approach for delivery.
- Work with delivery leads on sizing of effort and cost.
- Translate business requirements into written functional and technical specifications and manage changes to the specifications. Review and sign off with business.
- Work with external systems integrators in projects and ensure that the artifacts developed by external partners are appropriate and meets business intent.
- Provide oversight to development execution and testing for complex projects or solutions.
- Collaborate with business partners to achieve user acceptance of accurate and drive completeness of tests. Work with business users and delivery partners to develop test scenarios and detailed test scripts.
- Ensure changes introduced into the applications are consistent with the strategic direction and long-term viability of the platforms. Drive simplification of solutions and minimize customization.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related business degree.
- 5+ years of experience as an IT professional with at least 2 years relevant experience in warehouse management applications (projects, support, etc).
- Experience working with systems in the business functions such as Receiving, Inventory Control, Shipping, Labor management, Slotting, and parcel shipping.
- Experience with industry leading warehouse management systems such as Infor, Vocollect is highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to build effective relationships with business partners and to understand and articulate business needs.
- Ability to lead and manage the work of others, particularly applications maintenance and support vendors and third parties.
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the application life cycle and solution delivery for packaged, web, and cloud-based systems.
- Ability to be flexible about project changes and dynamically mitigate risks with corrective action
- The ability to think analytically and solve problems with experience in applying complex requirements.
- Process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of warehouse management principles, practices, kpi's and procedures
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.