Looking for a new career? The Rapid is an award winning transportation organization. We provide paid CDL training during work hours! We are looking for individuals that can give great customer service.
Our next training class starts June 21. We are looking for part-time vehicle operators to work approximately 29 hours per week.
Pay: $19.77 per hour
Fringe Benefits: You and your dependents ride The Rapid for free! Onsite wellness consultant, gym membership reimbursement, and onsite fitness center.
Position Summary: The vehicle operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely, and professional operations of assigned bus routes. You must possess the ability to give exceptional customer service experience to our passengers.
- Must understand and speak English to communicate with passengers/customers.
- Must be able to interpret and follow run guidelines for assigned routes.
- Must manage fare box transactions.
- Must be able to safely secure mobility devices in accordance with FTA rules for ADA passengers.
- Customer service oriented - the ability to take care of customers needs while following company procedures.
- Diversity oriented - the ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Safety awareness - the ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee and customer safety.
- Must possess a valid Michigan Driver's license with less that 4 points. Points greater than 4 will automatically disqualify the applicant from consideration.
- Must be able to obtain the proper CDL license with endorsements prior to the end of the training program for new drivers.
- Must meet and maintain all DOT physical examination requirements including drug and alcohol screening.
- Must maintain and excellent driving record.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: One to two years of customer service experience.