Internal Control Manager Delphi, Indiana
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling boneless ham brand in the United States) as well as several well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with 50% match on team members' contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
The Internal Control Analyst is a key contributor within the Corporate Internal Audit function ensuring a strong internal control environment and compliance with shareholder requirements. The role will assist in providing objective assurance and advisory services in relation to risk management practices and apply a disciplined and unbiased approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of key processes and controls while protecting the company assets. Audits are performed to assess the internal control environment, evaluate compliance with corporate policies and leading industry practices, assess controls over financial reporting and to identify operational efficiencies. This position will contribute significantly to JSOX testing efforts, including documentation of process, internal control testing and follow up testing of remediated deficiencies for business process controls. This role provides great exposure to the business and senior management, including working closely with a new CFO.
Duties and Responsibilities?
- Participate in risk assessments and assist with the development of the internal audit plan outlining scope, objectives and procedures to be followed.
- Assess the effectiveness of Internal Controls, determine potential impact of control failures and recommend corrective actions and improvements to controls and business procedures.
- Prepare, maintain, and update documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards and best practices.
- Determine the extent of compliance with Company policies and the effectiveness or efficiency of such policies.
- Conduct testing procedures with documentation to support results in audit work papers.
- Develop strong relationships across company functions, including IT and Accounting departments, to support these groups in further improving the overall controls.
- Ensure audit findings are discussed timely with management and appropriately tracked through remediation.
- Use Data Analytics to drive efficient and effective testing and apply professional skepticism in analysis and decision making.
- Assist in the confirmation of the physical existence of Company assets, verification of accounting and other records and review the adequacy of the system of internal controls for both manual and automated systems.
- Prepare audit reports which includes findings, risk analysis and recommendations for remediation.
- Assist and participate on special projects and investigations on an as-needed
Core Competencies?and desired characteristics
- Knowledge of risk assessment, accounting and auditing principles, understanding of internal control framework concepts, including Sarbanes-Oxley (flow charts, risk matrix, control templates, testing, certifications, remediation) and GAAP best practices.
- Attention to detail and use critical thinking by applying process analysis, business intelligence and problem solving techniques.
- Ability to multi-task and work on concurrent audits or special projects.
- Advanced ability to write clear and concise work papers and a high level of experience writing reports and presentations.
- Ability to drive collaboration across departments and build strong working relationships.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with a demonstrated ability to collect meaningful data and make data driven decisions.
- Has a good understanding of business processes, including financial close, revenue recognition, general accounting, fixed assets, derivative accounting, inventory count, inventory valuation, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills.
- Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and upholds organizational values.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
Education & Experience
- Accounting degree required, CPA preferred
- 5 -10 years of internal audit, compliance or equivalent public accounting experience required
- Preferred 3-5 years of relevant experience in?food processing industry or?manufacturing environment
- Exposure to JSOX preferred
- None at this time, position could lead to future supervisory opportunities.
This job operates in an?office?and plant?environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.??While performing the duties of the job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to temperatures, strong odors, moving mechanical parts and vibration.? The noise level in the plant environment can be loud.?The successful candidate must be able to navigate both the plant & office environments.?
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.?
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.?
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work?
This is a Full-Time position.? Overtime and occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.?
Must be able to travel approximately 15% of the time.
EOE including Disability and Veteran