Position: Environmental Services Tech
Reports To: Environmental Services Manager
Schedule: Full-Time - Nights -Rotating Weekends 3 PM to 11:30 PM
Job Summary: Cleans and disinfects assigned work area according to department procedures. Removes medical waste, trash and linens, Performs the interim and restorative maintenance of the health system’s hard floor, carpet, and upholstery according to procedures. Fully functioning in one area of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes daily and discharge patient room cleaning, bed changing and stocking and coordinates these activities with patient’s condition and movement.
• Cleans general workspaces on the patient care unit. Stocks unit with Environmental Service supplies.
• Perform floor care including vacuuming, sweeping, mopping.
• Collect and transport trash and contaminated waste to main collection receptacle.
• Follow Infection Control procedures and standard precaution for cleaning isolation rooms.