About this Opportunity
As an Engineering Systems Analyst 2, you'll manage, develop, and maintain hardware/software solutions in support of the Herman Miller Global Product Performance and Prototyping business processes. You will consult with users on projects to analyze needs and define requirements, then design, develop, and implement medium to large scale solutions to address those needs. You'll also facilitate major software upgrades, implementations, and integrations.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Consultwith users on medium to large scale projects to analyze needs and define requirements, then design, develop, and implement solutions to address those needs.
- Developand maintainmulti-tier technical solutions that integrate interdependent applications together, considering data vaults, revision control, and system performance.
- Developand maintainprocesses and procedures that support software, hardware, and digital process initiatives for Global Product Performance and Prototyping.
- Implementsoftware upgrades of all major applications used within Global Product Performance and Prototyping.
- Leveragethe best software development technologies to develop and implement software applications in support of support the Global Product Performance and Prototyping business processes.
- Managethe integration of new software and major IT projects into the Global Product Performance and Prototyping processes.
- Prepareand presentnew technology solutions using visuals, process mapping, and live application demonstrations to users and leaders.
- Prepareand presentprioritized project timelines and status to users and leadership team for review.
- Providesupport and training for all levels of software applications and technology changes within Global Product Performance and Prototyping.
- Resolvetechnical issues that require cross-departmental collaboration and influence.
- Trainusers on new applications and technology changes.
- Understandand resolveadvanced software problems within the department applications.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in a related technical field (Computer Science or Engineering),or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of engineering experience.
- Two years of experience in a technical, problem-solving capacity with participation on technical project teams.
- Proficiencyin designing, coding, testing, and debugging programs.
- A proficient working knowledge of all operating systems, software development tools, software applications, and database management systems used by Global Product Performance and Prototyping.
- Proficiencywith technologies such as Java, C/C++, Perl, Visual Basic, CAD API's and Web Development.
- Proficiencywith the administration of SharePoint and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Proficiencywith RDBMS including Oracle.
- Proficient conceptual, analytical, teaching, and communication skills.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Proficiencywith the use of operating systems, including Unix and Windows.
- Proficiencyin computer, software installation, and integration.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.