Directs and coordinates activities concerned with production of company product(s) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all manufacturing related activities to achieve efficient operations and timely delivery.
- Manage job hour budgets and % complete for all manufactured jobs.
- Direct activities of working foreman including providing production goals and work assignments.
- Ensure a level of product quality consistent with the company image and reputation.
- Research, recommend and justify capital equipment purchases.
- Promote effective communication with other department heads.
- Responsible for building and grounds including security.
- Remain current on administrative duties including the following:
- Safety programs including hazardous materials, right to know, hearing conservation and respiratory compliance in adherence to MIOSHA regulations.
- Forklift and crane operator training.
- Staff evaluations, recommendations for wage adjustments as well as hiring and termination.
- Publish weekly manufacturing progress report.
- Maintain manufacturing capacity graphs.
Manages and directs employees assigned to his/her area(s) of responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years manufacturing management in a custom manufacturing environment.