Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking a dynamic and motivated professional to fulfill the role of Business Services Representative.
Competitive candidates will have successful experience working in business-to-business environments, building and maintaining professional relationships, and effectively connecting customers to available resources.
As a Northwest Michigan Works! Business Services Representative, you will support advancing awareness and adoption of advanced manufacturing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Increase overall awareness of advanced manufacturing across the 10-county region of Northwest Lower Michigan;
- Conduct business outreach to assess an employer's workforce training, education, and hiring needs;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with manufacturing industry associations, educators, and businesses;
- Assist manufacturers by increasing their access to and utilization of advanced manufacturing principles, practices, and partnerships;
- Oversee grant activities, initiatives and special projects.
Essential qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Experience in the manufacturing industry preferred but not required.
- Minimum private sector work experience of three years.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Comfortable speaking in group and public settings.
- Contract management experience preferred.
- Frequent day travel required.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles.
This is a full-time salaried position paying $40,000 per year located in Traverse City, MI. The employee is entitled to the Northwest Michigan Works! fringe benefits package that includes: Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with employer paid premiums; life insurance; employer paid deferred compensation retirement package; paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays; use of a company vehicle, cell phone, and computer.