Our Buildings & Equipment Division is looking for a second shift Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic for our Central Complex to perform a wide range of minor repairs, maintenance and fabrication activities on Road Commission fleet and equipment.
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulic accessories, air brake systems and is able to work without direct supervision.
What you will do:
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and inspections; makes corrective repairs on County fleet and equipment when necessary.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions; performing regular service with fuels, lubricants and tires, including yearly and seasonal maintenance care.
- Performs simple tune-ups and some replacement of parts on fleet and small equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains, repairs, and rebuilds equipment such as tractors, power mowers, chain saws, etc.
- Inspects malfunctioning equipment; identifies abnormal conditions by using electronic diagnostic equipment, service manuals and previous knowledge and experience.
- Repairs or replaces parts and equipment such as clutches, starters, alternators, steering components, oil and water pumps.
- Carries out other minor mechanical maintenance tasks as instructed;
- Removes and repairs/rebuilds transmissions and differential assemblies.
- Assists during major truck and equipment activities such as engine, transmission, differential and driveline repairs.
- Performs various custodial and general maintenance activities such as cleaning work areas, returning tools to storage locations, sweeping, removing oil and obstructions from walkways and floors, and removing snow from building areas