Provide a clean, safe environment for the patients, guests and colleagues while providing the highest level of customer service centered around a patient first approach. .
What you will do:
- Disinfects patient treatment, invasive care areas, staff and visitor areas to maximize infection prevention, enhance patient safety, ensure EOC compliance and enhance the visual appeal and perception of cleanliness of assigned areas in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs duties in compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patients, physicians, colleagues and visitors to Saint Mary’s Mercy Health.
- Maintains knowledge of chemicals used for cleaning and disinfecting (on-the-job training provided).
- With use of personal protective equipment, works safely around blood borne pathogens; potentially infectious substances, blood and body fluids.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Identifies safety risks, provides feedback and helps address safety issues. Actively follows safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Utilizes the basic functions of a pager, phone and smart phone system operating systems.