$25-$28 per hour
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting
tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools by performing the following duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES & RESULTS
- Understands and can explain the company's Quality Policy.
- Understands job description and required tasks. Be able to explain how this position impacts customer satisfaction and contributes to fulfilling the Quality Policy.
- Understands the overview of the Quality Management System and document architecture.
- Understands and explain all relevant quality policies, procedures and work instructions associated with this job description.
- Understands and is able to identify Quality Management System and implementation nonconformance’s and document and/or log all non-conformity.
- Participates in preventative actions where appropriate. Conducts corrective actions and perform problem solving analysis and reporting as required.
- Conducts housekeeping for personal work area and shared facility space.
- Observes and complies with all safety & environmental, regulatory and statutory requirements associated with this job description.
- Participates in needs analysis and attends and performs the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position.
- Participate as requested for independent objective auditing activity and support company continuous improvement activities.
- Authorized to stop work on processing as appropriate and contain suspect or defective material or services to avoid further processing.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smoothens flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Heat treats tools or parts.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Troubleshoot tooling analysis and resolve problems to obtain quality level of parts.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required).
- Two years of technical training (required).
- Journeyman in tool and die or equivalent (required).
- Prior work experience in a stamping environment (preferred).
- Is skillful in the operation of typically used related tools, materials, and equipment.
- Tool Maker: 5 years (Preferred).