$20-$30 per hour
Responsible for inspection, installation and repair of machines used for production and within the tool room and maintenance machining areas. In addition, build and re-build equipment for various manufacturing needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES & RESULTS
- Follow specified maintenance and repair procedures to install, maintain, and repair production machinery and tools.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions. Tears down machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas and inspects parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Performs a broad range of maintenance activities necessary to keep press operations running efficiently and effectively.
- Uses PLEX to document appropriate downtime codes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- Two years of machine repair experience (required).
- Two years stamping press experience (required).
- Pneumatic and Hydraulics experience (required).
- Basic understanding of relevant press controls and processes (required).
- Working knowledge of PLC’s, robotics, but demonstrated experience in mechanical stamping and hydraulic and pneumatic press maintenance (required).
- Ability to read blueprints, code requirements, service manual and manufacturers’ specifications (required).
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Five years of machine repair experience (preferred).
- Robotics training (electrical, Mechanical) (preferred).