MVAA Bronze Certified Employer - WE encourage Veterans to apply and WE thank you for your Service!
Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is an engineering, manufacturing and supply chain solution provider. With a facility in the Grand Rapids area, our primary focus is on a newly developed robotic vehicle program. Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is part of a larger portfolio of businesses with a strong support network and proven track record of success in several markets. We are looking for people that are passionate, innovative and driven to consistently do whatever it takes to make our customers succeed.
The Electrical Engineering position works with the engineering team to provide test equipment design, cable design recommendations, and circuit card DFM knowledge in quoting. Designing, programing, modifying, and verifying BOM’s for electrical system components make up the primary role of this individual, though they will also work with the team to provide support in the areas of hardware estimation, engineering, troubleshooting, and customer support.
- Participate in electrical design reviews
- Design and build electrical test equipment.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, and motor controls
- Prepare technical drawings, BOMs, specifications of electrical systems which conform to AMS standards and customer requirements
- Problem solves major issues with circuit boards, cable harnesses, and test equipment
- Management of assigned projects and duties
TEAM MEMBER PERKS:
- Competitive salary
- Monday – Thursday 10-hour days
- 2 weeks PTO after 90 days
- Insurance benefits begin on start date
- 401k with employer match
- Casual work environment – Jeans everyday
- Brand new facility - temperature controlled
- Tuition reimbursement
- Safety toe footwear allowance of $120 annually
- Open door policy – come on in and share your ideas!
- Great TEAM environment
- Closed with holiday pay the week of July 4th and the week between Christmas and New Year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with MS Office, Solidworks Electrical, and some knowledge of PLC and HMI software preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design
- Overall understanding of electrical design, BOM’s, AutoCAD, etc.
- Project engineering and fundamental knowledge of an electrical system
- Ability to exercise critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Computer Skills:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Cloud based ERP experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work Environment:
- Organic Innovation – WE seek real change
- Servant Leadership – WE are equals
- Not Stodgy – WE work hard to play hard
- Unquestionable execution – WE will win
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to work on the production floor
- Small amount of travel when large problems occur