SoundOff Signal, a growing ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) firm located near Grand Rapids MI, is looking for an Electrical Engineer I to join our Product Development team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform project engineering duties for basic projects and variants.
- Schematic and PCB layout design using Altium schematic capture and layout software.
- Coordinate, set-up, administer, and document in-house lab testing in support of new product development; competitive benchmarking, and in process product changes.
- Coordinate off-site compliance and certification testing for engineering team.
- Develop concepts, drawings, charts, feasibility or other documentation as required.
- Assist product development with construction of prototype units.
- Support engineering team with assignment of part numbers and creation/maintenance of Bills of Materials.
- Troubleshooting prototypes and recommending design changes.
- Assist in training manufacturing group of new product launches.
- Able to read and follow SoundOff Signal Work Instructions.
- Able to perform job consistently and without excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
- Demonstrates SoundOff Signal's Core Values in daily interactions with internal and external customers.
- Strong working knowledge of electronics.
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to internal or external customers (i.e. team members and leaders, management).
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Investigative skills - ability to resolve basic electronic problems or offer proposed solutions to more complex challenges.
- Experience with basic lab equipment DMM, power supplies, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Proficient soldering skills in all technologies including lead free.
- Automotive electronic wiring background a plus.
- Proficiency in the basic Microsoft software packages including Word and Excel.
- Specific knowledge of MRP/ERP systems a plus.
- General mechanical aptitude in a shop environment (hand tools, light duty power tools, calipers, etc.) beneficial.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field.
- Previous experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment involving prototype fabrication, validation and/or design support.
- Previous experience in Electronic design.
- Some project engineering experience preferred.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.