Job Description Summary
The Maintenance Technician will perform tasks of great variety such as mechanical tasks, PM’s, building repairs or improvements, painting, landscaping etc. The main goal of our maintenance technicians is to work as a team, minimizing production downtime by proactively responding to maintenance calls and executing preventative maintenance strategies. The maintenance technician responds to machine and/or system failures and must be able to troubleshoot when necessary. This position is also responsible for performing preventative maintenance to ensure all machines are functioning safely and efficiently. They understand electronics, electricity, pneumatic, hydraulics and mechanics. This position reports to the Maintenance Lead.
The duties and responsibilities of the position will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Basic Repairs to mechanical systems
- Troubleshoots minor mechanical and/or electrical problems
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and that the physical condition of buildings do not deteriorate.
- Performing basic maintenance of electrical systems
- Assisting in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other mechanical systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection)
- Clean and repair building fixtures including lights, locks, windows, doors, screens, walls, floors, gutters and drains when necessary
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned like painting, carpentry etc.
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed
- Follows all health and safety guidelines
- Performs some janitorial duties when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer Focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Priority Setting
- Total Quality Management
- Results, Action Oriented
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Time Management
- Written Communication
- Attention to Detail
- Work Experience: Previous experience, trade school or formal training as Maintenance technician and/or electrical apprentice in manufacturing setting
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Technical Skills: Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems, Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods, Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices and ability to read blueprints
- Computer Skills: Basic understanding of Microsoft office, word, excels. Basic understanding of Oracle
- Organizational Skills: Ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently and effectively and problem-solving.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse customer-base; good verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills with ability to deal with individuals at all levels, both inside and outside the organization
- Physical, Mental and Visual Skills: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job ; Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions; While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and use fingers and hands.
- Physical Environment: Manufacturing environment and exposure to moving equipment
- 2 years of experience as a maintenance technician and/or electrical apprentice in a manufacturing setting
- Completed trade school or formal training
KV is a dedicated equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. KV encourages applicants of all ages.