Performs Spanish certified medical interpretation and translation between medical staff, patients and families. Coordinates the provision of certified medical interpretation and translation services for all rehabilitation hospital service lines.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the NCIHC (National Council of Interpreters in Health Care) Code of Ethics
- Assists with scheduling and other tasks during down time
- Understands and communicates to staff the proper use of interpreting services and tools
- Knows how to use and locate interpretation tools (ipad, phones, etc) that the hospital service lines use to ensure communication needs of our patients are being met.
- Maintains or exceeds productivity expectations
- Maintains policies and procedures related to interpreter and translation services
- Follows the Mary Free Bed Standards of Behavior
- Uses all technology available to meet the interpretation needs of the patients for all hospital service lines
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- Demonstrated ability to interpret for multiple medical disciplines for patients/families from English to Spanish and vice versa.
- Two-year associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Care and/or a minimum of two years of experience in both professional and hospital interpreter services.
- Completion of a 40-hour healthcare interpreter training class
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to quickly adapt to new technology
- Able to work independently at a high level of efficiency.
- High emotional intelligence to manage dynamic social interactions.
- Highly organized to handle multiple tasks throughout the day.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, understanding and effective use of both verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Ability to assist with daily interpreter reports to assure coverage and prevent double-bookings/late cancellations.
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and proactive communication.
- Active listening skills, ready availability, and high visibility.
- Proactive and ongoing personal skill development.
- Physical Requirements:
- Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally
- Able to sit, walk, and stand for considerable amounts of time.
- Able to use keyboard frequently (up to 1/3 of the time)
- Ability to obtain CCHI certification within 1 year of employment
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.