Sweet Repair, LLC, a growing repair facility located in Kentwood, MI, is looking for an experienced truck mechanic to service the fleet of Sweet Express and Omni Transport. Our goal is to hire competent individuals who will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance on service trucks, including inspections to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles.
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Review repair order to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrication, and tune-ups; along with regular diagnostic tests.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems.
- Ensure maintenance meets standards to ensure the highest quality of work for our vehicles and our customer’s vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned to conduct business.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off available immediately
- Vacation offered after 1 year of service
- Life Insurance
- AFLAC (including short term disability)
- Paid Holidays
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be of 18 years or older.
- 1+ Years’ Experience in Auto Maintenance
- Must have tools
- Ability to lift to 60 lbs.
- Self-starter with a high degree of problem-solving skills and deductive reasoning.