The Herman Miller Group is building a customer-centric, digitally enabled business model to reshape the way our family of brands does business. We're driving new revenue growth and creating frictionless internal processes through our innovative solutions, and we need a Director Digital Employee Experience to help us get there!
In this role, you will be responsible for creating consumer-grade employee experiences through the use of technology and digital platforms.Working closely with our HR, Facilities, Communications, and Legal teams, you will collectively work to create strategic roadmaps that will enhance our ability to connect and communicate with our global employee base, while providing them with the tools and education necessary to manage their personal employee information. Technical capabilities aside, if you're a mission-driven self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative culture, you're a perfect addition to Herman Miller.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Proactively build business partnerships, particularly across HR, Communications, Legal, and Facilities, to build an overall technology transformation strategy that supports their long-range plans, while working effectively with the functions to understand and adequately translate business requirements and manage project scope, implementation timelines and customer expectations
- Approach every situation through the lens of our employees, striving to remove barriers, and creating a frictionless employee experience across the globe.
- Manage and own the integrity of the employee digital experience representative of our Organization's vision, purpose, and values.
- Develop multi-year technology strategies and roadmaps for the Organization that align with our business strategy and are focused on delivering a consumer-grade employee experience to include HR data, analytics and reporting transformation as well as multi-year systems upgrades and implementations in the areas of learning management, performance management, succession planning, compensation, talent acquisition, talent management, payroll, time and attendance, internal communications, policies and compliance.
- Research, recommend and introduce opportunities and new technology innovations to measurably improve the employee experience and increase the overall efficiency of delivery of services.
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Technology, or equivalent work experience required; Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of IT, Digital, or HR Technology experience in a global business environment with a demonstrated history of success and progression
- 5+ years of project leadership experience; global project leadership experience preferred
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Demonstrated outstanding written/verbal communication skills, and a proven capability to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way to a variety of audiences including the highest level of the organization. Experience working with and managing internal Centers of Excellence (COE) and shared services.
- Knowledge of HR systems and platforms
- Strong learning and training background, especially with digital platforms
- Expert ability to think strategically and execute tactically. Demonstrated growth mindset
- Ability to use a broad business acumen and holistic perspective to see opportunities and risks of potential trade-offs.
- Successful experience with change management principles and demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process from strategic planning through implementation and follow-thru.
- Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.