Application Developer (Full-time | Remote)
Interested in being part of an award-winning, regional full service IT solutions and consulting company whose number one mantra is to 'honor our employees and their families?’ OST (www.ostusa.com
) is looking for an experienced Application Developer to help drive the delivery of our software development projects with our growing team.
In order to be successful in our environment, you must have a solid grounding in Microsoft web and server-side technologies, a passion for software development and working with clients, and a thirst for learning. Do you enjoy the challenge of solving real-world business problems? This is a key, client-facing role where you will engage with our clients, sales staff and team members. In return for your hard work, we offer a great office and team environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to deliver innovative projects and challenging work on a daily basis.
- Build backend processing software solutions, primarily using Microsoft .NET/C# web and server-side technology
- Work with Azure Cloud Platform, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, Cosmos DB etx.
- Bridge the gap between front-end design and existing or new back-end architecture
- Work in a SAFE Agile team methodology
- Create functional specifications and review detailed design specifications, test plans and user documentation for completeness
- Create detailed scope of work, task breakdowns, and estimates based on customer requirements
- Develop strong consulting relationships with clients and communicate effectively with clients and team
- Help develop and leverage software development best practices to maximize the predictability and success of project(s)
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 4-10 years of professional development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong understanding and experience in leading the development and implementation of custom software development projects utilizing C# and the Microsoft .NET technology stack, and Azure
- Experience delivering backend web processing services using c#, Azure Durable Functions, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, Cosmos DB, Logic Apps, and SQL Server.
- Proven skill in driving the requirements process, authoring polished deliverables, and defining customer solutions
- Track record of success on large teams
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle methodologies - SAFE a plus!
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, take professional risks, and operate in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred
OST is an integrated, cross-functional business technology firm bringing together strategy & insights, digital experiences, connected solutions, hybrid IT, and enterprise managed services as we work alongside clients to optimize and grow their businesses. With offices located in Grand Rapids, Detroit, Minneapolis, London, Hong Kong and Singapore, OST and OpenDigital, the digital consultancy at OST, engage in ways that make the most sense and yield the best results. Our customers include global Fortune 2000 companies to funded startups. This is all wrapped in a friendly, flexible, people-centered culture. OST has been recognized in Inc. Magazine’s 5,000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, CRN’s Tech Elite 250, and as a National Best & Brightest Company to Work For.