Receives, stores, controls and disburses items into and from Controlled Stores.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
Following are some of the principal job functions, however, other duties and activities may be required in performance of this job:
- Controlled Stores items include:
- Raw Material
- Purchased Parts
- Manufactured Parts
- Finished Goods
- General Supplies
- These items are received, stored, controlled and disbursed into and from Controlled Stores.
- Hand or weigh count receivals and disbursals and record quantity, part number, date, etc. on receiving slip for receiving inspection and purchasing
- Maintains inventory balance on supply items – requisitions new stock.
- Maintains inventory balance.
- Records are maintained manually or via computer terminal.
- May operate office machines, such as typewriter, calculator, copy and fax machine and computer terminal.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance.
- Prepares reports, such as inventory balance and shortages.
- Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Using a variety of containers and packaging methods, prepare items for shipment to sub-contractors.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Deliver items to end users or appropriate storage
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.