Since our founding in 1949, Worden, based in Holland, Michigan has delivered superior artisanship and exceptional quality furniture that stands the test of time for generations of use. With our passionate, skilled and valued team we create products through user-based design in a way that enhances collaboration, harmonizes technology and supports healthy ergonomics.
Position- Process Machine Operator (Saw Operator)
Operate a variety of machines which process a material/product within our Panel Saw department, as well as throughout our plant. This includes the sizing process and introduction of all product moving throughout the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reviewing Daily Schedule with Direct manager
- Addressing any roadblocks, information, or questions you have with meeting your daily production goal
- Reviewing any material issues that arises on an hourly basis
- Working with Material handling person on upcoming packets
- Addressing any material flaws coming from the cutting of product
- Working with Manufacturing Supervisor on machine issues
- Working with Manufacturing Supervisor on dispatch list completion or concerns of meeting daily requirements.
All Employees from time to time will be required to work in other areas then their own.
- We are one team here at The Worden Group and our first responsibility is to our customers
- All employees when being moved will report to the direct Line Lead/Team Lead/ Supervisor in said area.
- You will be required to meet the same standards in the department you will be working in for that day. Please work with the managers in this area so that you understand the SOP’s of this area.
- Understanding of lock out tag out procedures in your area.
- Maintain your area to the 5’s standard
- Following safety guidelines established by managers and Safety team members in your area.
- Address and report any poor quality which includes information.
- Following QC checks developed for your department
- Experience in Panel saw process
- Able to interpret Shop floor paperwork
- Understand color differences and Veneer distinction to ensuring correct material is being produced
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to do frequent lifting
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Excellent in attendance