Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift
Provides customers (internal and external) with proper product delivered on-time and to the proper location. Ensure that inventory levels are accurate and maintained. Responsible for the safe operation of liquefied gas or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices (i.e. forklift)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Observes and complies with all safety, environmental, regulatory, and statutory requirements associated with this job description.
- Participates in needs analysis and attends and performs the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position.
- Participates, as requested, in independent objective auditing activities and supports company continuous improvement activities.
- Stops work on processes as appropriate and contains suspect or defective material or services to avoid further processing.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Move material from location to location within the plant at prescribed frequencies and in the most efficient manner.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Recharges batteries or replaces liquefied gas tank.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to use basic computer skills
- Ability to drive safely
- Strong organizational skills
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day including Saturday and Sunday
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- High speed work environment
- Aware of surroundings
- Good vision
- Frequent twisting
- Required to be certified and utilize “stand up” and “sit down” style of industrial truck based on plant specific needs.
- May be required to operate industrial truck outdoors.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous material handling work experience.
- Previous Hilo driving experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.