Mobile Application Development Consultant (Full-Time | Remote in USA)
We are specifically looking to grow our team by adding the following:
- 2 Senior Android Developers
- 2 Android Developers
As an Application Development Consultant for our Mobile Development Team, you will work closely with our clients and technical teams to solve technical challenges for our clients. You will use your understanding and passion for native mobile development and web technologies to provide solutions that help drive our clients’ business. The ideal candidate will combine technical and business skills, and a passion for working with clients to deliver with excellence. You will have the opportunity to work on/with a diverse set of projects, clients, industries and frameworks. In summary, the position provides opportunities to expand your horizons to reach your personal development goals.
- Build software to support web and native mobile iOS and Android applications
- Build enterprise and consumer-grade custom software solutions using Microsoft .NET web and server-side technology
- Bridge the gap between elegant front-end design and existing or new back-end architectures
- Mentor less experienced developers
- Assist in the definition and delivery of custom software development projects
- Create functional design specifications and review detailed design specifications, test plans and user documentation for completeness
- Create detailed scope of work, task breakdowns, and estimates based upon customer requirements
- Functional allocation of time:
- 85% Programming
- 15% Skill Development
- Develop strong consulting relationships with clients and communicate effectively with clients and team
- Help develop and leverage software development best practices to maximize the predictability and success of project(s)
- Collaborate with Delivery Lead and App Dev Consultants throughout the entire project to ensure project success and client satisfaction
- Provide knowledge transfer to clients regarding how to best architect, deploy and operate the solution in their environment.
- Continue to build your own technical and consulting skills by keeping abreast of market trends, solution insights, new vendors, products and methods.
- Provide technical feedback and leadership to other team members
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years of professional development experience with at least two years of experience in native mobile development - iOS and/or Android
- Experience with and understanding of cross platform mobile development toolkits including Xamarin, Ionic or Cordova
- Knowledge of current and emerging technological development in software, web and mobile technologies.
- Understanding of DB Design, software architecture and OOP design principles and patterns
- Proven skill in driving the requirements process, authoring polished deliverables, and defining customer solutions that work.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, take professional risks, and operate in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at both a business and technical level
- Additional preferred skills include ASP.NET Web API 2+, Entity Framework, Twitter Bootstrap and Angular JS experience; Experience in a consulting environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field