Building the future of tooling, begins with a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die (CTD) and CG Automation & Fixture (CGA), located in Comstock Park, MI are looking for Saw Operators!
At CTD and CGA, our sister companies, we offer growth opportunities and advancement, great benefits (paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K) and climate-controlled facilities. Our state of the art facilities boast the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible! An ideal candidate would be one that is easily trainable and has an interest in pursuing a career in manufacturing. The intention for this entry-level position, following an evaluation period, would be to consider participation in our Apprenticeship Program. This program allows for company-paid apprenticeship coursework through Grand Rapids Community College and paid on-the-job training to earn a journeyman's card!
*Will train, no experience necessary*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Program, operate and tend saws and machines to cut material and to adjust machine speed and tension, moving levers and hand wheels.
- Adjust saw blades by turning hand wheels, pressing pedals, levers, and panel buttons, or using wrenches and rulers.
- Determine saw and cutting procedures, according to QATS (Quality Assurance Time Study), or supervisor's instructions.
- Count, sort, and stack finished work pieces and dispose of waste material.
- Inspect material for imperfections and scrap when necessary.
- Replace defective or worn blades and bands, using hand tools.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Clearly label raw material, work in progress, and finished goods.
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Lock Out, and all other Safety requirements.
- Compliance with all local, state and federal requirements such as: OSHA, MIOSHA, EEO, DOT).
Essential Education & Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong math /computer skills.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly.
- Manufacturing/production experience preferred
- High Schools degree/GED.
Manufacturing office environment with frequent exposure to production areas. The position will require wearing of common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves and hard hats as designated by company policy. The position may require standing or walking for extended periods of time.