Department: Center for Technology & Training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you require any auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations to apply for employment, or for an interview, at Michigan Technological University, please notify the Human Resources office at 906-487-2280 or .
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the center; including purchasing, budgeting, project accounting, and HR related activity along with project coordination and maintenance of the center's client relationship management system which retains training and contact records.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
1. Manages all aspects of finances for CTT's sponsored projects, including billing and proposals
2. Oversees purchasing and budgeting of center finances
3. Oversees payroll and fund allocation
4. Analyze and communicate financial reports and forecast budget expenditures in an accurate and timely manner
5. Executes all human resources, business accounting, and operations paperwork
6. Responsible for internal and external reporting for soft money funded projects run by the center
7. Oversee the execution of CTT's sponsored projects to ensure completion of multiple externally funded project workplans
8. Assists with the operation of the center's Client Relationship Management (CRM) system and online registration system
9. Collaborates in the responses to requests for proposal, including planning, budgeting and proposal submittal
Required Education, Certifications, Licensures (minimum requirements)
Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or other related field
Required Experience (minimum requirements)
* Three years of professional experience with business accounting or finance
* Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
Desirable Education and/or Experience
* Experience with Michigan Tech University policies, procedures, and processes
* Professional experience using CRM systems
* Professional experience using SAP Concur or similar travel, expense, and invoice management applications
* Demonstrated ability to interpret complex policies and procedures and explain them to others
* Knowledge of transportation and other infrastructure systems
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)
* Excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational and oral/written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to prioritize and work on multiple, ongoing projects simultaneously
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve problems
* Demonstrated ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a project team
* Demonstrated ability to provide exemplary customer service to external clients
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to work flexible hours
* Demonstrated ability and willingness to devote up to fifteen percent of time to travel
* Possession of a Michigan driver's license combined with a driving record that meets the MTU Vehicle Use policy
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff
* Demonstrated commitment to a culture of safety by having established safety as a key professional value and essential component of daily practice
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
Work Environment and/or Physical Demands
Work Environment and/or Physical Demands
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
The work environment is that of a typical office and/or classroom setting.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following 4 required trainings; additional training may be required by the department.
Required University Training:
Employee Safety Overview
Anti-Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation Training
Annual Data Security Training
Annual Title IX Training
Offers of employment are contingent upon and not considered finalized until the required background check has been performed and the results received and assessed.
Other Conditions of Employment:
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. Visa sponsorship is unavailable at this time. This is not an E-Verified Position.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities
Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) % (1=100%)
Negotiable, No less than $50,000
Title of Position Supervisor
Associate Director, CTT
Internal & External
Dependent on Funding
Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)
The Center for Technology & Training (CTT) provides technology transfer, software development and research services to support agencies that manage public infrastructure. With annual funding from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the Michigan... For full info follow application link.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.