Maintains a clean, safe environment inside and outside the hospital by performing duties according to departmental techniques, procedures, and needs. Scheduled work may include weekends, holidays, and/or a variety of shifts. Accepts additional responsibility for grounds, special assignments, material handling, and projects. Knows all basic EVS schedules.
• Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
• Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
• Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
• Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
• A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises and directs EVS staff to complete daily cleaning assignments on their shift.
- Organizes all cleaning duties and assigns zones daily.
- Inspects all discharge rooms prior to admittance of new occupant.
- Signs off on tasks completed during each shift on Task Documentation Form.
- Inspects patient rooms and performs Cleaning Quality Audits as requested by EVS manager.
- Performs disciplinary actions as prescribed by MFB policies.
- Promotes teamwork and a happy /healthy work environment.
- Communicates supply and equipment needs to department manager.
- Joins in interviewing of all new department applicants.
- Guides Leads and assistant leads to complete daily assignments.
- Conducts daily random re-rounding at end of shift with EVS Techs on patients in patient rooms.
- Ability to lead efforts to maximize staff engagement and collaboration among work groups. Demonstrate a communication style and develop a rapport with staff that secures a highly engaged team who consistently achieves top box patient satisfaction scores and staff engagement scores.
- Organizes weekend work and assigns zones.
- Answers all nursing calls and directs staff as needed to complete requests.
- Reports any and all areas needing detail cleaning.
- Reports any and all maintenance needs via a work order.
- Cleans in assigned areas, such as patient rooms, nurses' stations, examination and treatment rooms, public and patient lavatories, lounges and offices as assigned
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops floors and stairways, spots carpets, and buffs hard floors.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and completes appropriate disposal.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes baths, lavatories, and shower/sink fixtures. Stocks paper products. etc. as necessary.
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and extracts furniture. Cleans and polishes glass surfaces, walls, and windowsills, window frames, doors, and registers.
- Scrubs bathroom tiles, woodwork, lights, and vents.
- Maintains equipment and materials in a clean and orderly manner.
- Vacuums and edges carpeted areas as necessary.
- Delivers incoming packages and stock requests to departments, keeps departmental supplies stocked, assists in the moving of hospital departments, and prepares and dispatches soiled linen carts.
- Assists in special set-ups and tear downs, handles periodic cleaning projects such as window washing, carpet extracting, wall washing, vent cleaning, etc. Helps the maintenance department on joint projects.
- Cleans and sanitizes patient discharge beds. Makes beds in designated areas. Washes down all discharge patient furniture including dressers, nightstands, and over-bed tables. Cleans and sanitizes waste receptacles.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Leadership Must-Haves will be followed for patient and staff interactions
- b. Thank You Notes
- c. Employee Selection/Peer Interviewing
- d. Key Words at Key Times
- e. AIDET® + Promise
- f. Standards of Behavior
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate through the oral and/or written process and ability to follow directions.
- Proficiency at EVS Tech I and Lead level.
- Able to handle all equipment.
- Ability to function as lead person.
- Ability to work outdoors under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Physical demands:
- Ability to work independently. Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
- The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb
- The ability to hear, speak, write and see (correctable vision).
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Assists with setups, linen delivery, mail delivery, general deliveries, etc.
- Keeps general storage areas clean and orderly. Responsible for coordinating the storage of various departments’ items. Keeps inventory of EVS and communications stocks. Handles the transfer of equipment and supplies between the hospital and outside storage. Assists in the management of outside storage facilities.
- Knows and is able to instruct others on the proper use of chemicals and equipment.
- Manages special project cleaning work on a case-by-case basis.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.