Experience the northwoods at remote Isle Royale National Park, located in northwestern Lake Superior. Accessible only by boat or seaplane, Isle Royale is home to moose, wolves, loons, beaver, fox, and other small mammals and birdlife. Lake Superior and the island's inland lakes offer excellent fishing and photographic sites for viewing pristine forest and waterways. Diving opportunities abound to many shipwrecks of Lake Superior.
Rock Harbor Lodge provides visitors accommodations and we employ team members in our dining room, snack bar, gift shop, dockside store, marina, motor boat, kayak and canoe rentals, guided fishing and sightseeing tours, and other fun and fulfilling positions. Join us for a summer in this unique National Park!
The Marine Cargo Agent coordinates Forever Resorts, the National Park Service, and vendors to ensure the delivery of good, supplies and merchandise from Houghton, MI to Rock Harbor Lodge in Isle Royale National Park. Coordinates and assists with transportation of team members to and From Ranger III vessel.
- Loads and unloads boxes, storage containers, and other items from the Ranger III and other vessels.
- Inspects and matches shipments with purchase orders and other paperwork; Ensures proper amounts and acceptable quality of items upon arrival and prior to departure.
- Maintains accurate records of shipments and deliveries.
- Facilitates delivery of mail from the Post Office to the Lodge.
- Makes bank deposits; Performs other errands as required.
- Maintains regular contact with Management and the Lodge.
- Transports team members to and from airports, hotels, and Ranger III vessel.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other positions and departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Isle Royale Resorts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.