Webb Chemical Service Corporation, a Midwest chemical distributor, is a progressive company that prides itself on valuing our communities and co-workers as much as our customers that has been in business for over 50 years. We currently have locations in Muskegon Heights, MI and Fort Wayne, IN.
We are currently looking for a full time Staff Accountant based out of our Muskegon Heights, MI location!
Webb Chemical has a culture of taking care of our employees, their families, and the communities we serve. We invest in our employees and offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Wage
- Monday-Friday Schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with company matching
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Quarterly and Annual Performance Driven Bonus Opportunities
- Paid holidays and paid vacation time
- 100% Tuition reimbursement for employees
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Emphasis on community involvement and volunteering- 40 paid hours off per year for every employee to volunteer at charity of their choice
- Activities for employees to have FUN like employee cookouts, spirit weeks, Christmas Parties, Summer Picnics, and much more!
Staff Accountant Position Summary
- Use Chempax, the company's ERP system, to generate monthly statements.
- Import banking and payroll entries, generate and post other general ledger entries as needed.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Publish financial statements, including budget to actual comparisons and monthly snapshots views Monitor bank balances and impact of payments and receipts
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Monitor Credit Card usage, and entire expense system
- Support the Controller and Assistant Controller with special projects
- Act as back-up to the Assistant Controller and the A/P and billing functions
- Assist with and supervise A/R functions (including contacting customers when necessary)
- Monitor A/R aging reports for attention to problem accounts
- Cash-Flow Reporting on a weekly basis
- Fixed Asset accounting for all entities
- Assist in Month-end & Year-end close
- Issue 1099’s each year
What makes you a good fit for the role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5 years of experience as an Accountant, Financial Analyst, or Controller strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of MS Excel and MS Office required
- Must have strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
This description is an effort to outline the responsibilities of the position to include, but not limited to all the above and any additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
**Webb Chemical is a SUBSTANCE FREE workplace**