The Progress OpenEdgeDatabase Administrator develops, maintains, and supports software frameworks and database solutions vital to the operation of over 175 retail stores. With an eye towards process streamlining and automation, this role assists with database administration, identifying and resolving database performance related issues, including SQL code. The DBA will also develop back-end processes and tools used in systems integration, software development life cycle, and change management.
What you'll do:
- Installation, upgrades and patches to database software
- Implement database security
- Database Design and System Architecture
- Backup, restore and recovery of persistent data stores
- Promote data and database structures from development to test to production environment
- Tuning database technologies for optimal performance
- Provide on-call support when needed and troubleshoot database problems
- Develop programs or scripts according to specification and established coding standards.
- Analyze current business systems, determine scope and estimate for tasks related to issues to be resolved.
- Perform testing of systems for accuracy, reliability and optimal performance.
- Establish and enforce coding standards for programs or scripts.
- Analyze and resolve program/script or system failures.
- May facilitate formal code reviews for programs/scripts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Strongly preferred Progress OpenEdge RDBMS and Application Server (PAS) or similar technology
- Strongly preferred Progress OpenEdge ABL
- Oracle RDBMS
- Java: OpenJDK, Maven, Jacoco, FindBugs, Spring, Spring Boot
- SOAP Web Services